Re: Make CVS default revision controller

From: Benjamin Rutt
Subject: Re: Make CVS default revision controller
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 18:35:06 -0400

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> FWIW, I use CVS for my config files.  Then it is very easy to use
> them on different machines.  I love it.
>
> But I use the symlink trick.  I wrote a Makefile that creates all the
> necessary symlinks, and I use "make install" from time to time
> whenever I think that the symlinks should be corrected.

When you say "symlink trick", do you mean that you have a directory
under CVS control, somewhere, anywhere, and the contents of that
directory are a bunch of symlinks which link to the real config file
location?  This way, you have a single place to go (the above
mentioned directory) to 'cvs update' your config files when you have
committed them on a different machine, even though your actual config
files may be spread across various directories including $HOME,
$HOME/.ssh/, etc?
--
Benjamin