Re: How do I setup an extremely simple font-lock mode?

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: How do I setup an extremely simple font-lock mode?
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 01:58:22 +0200

Matt Noel <mgn000@mac.com> writes:

> I want to setup a very simple mode for colorizing a log file.  All I
> need to do is highlight any lines with the string ERROR on them.  I've
> tried reading the documentation for font-lock but it's not clear how
> to do this.
>
> Could someone point me to a simple example, or send one?

See http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CategoryCode -- it has
the following section:

How to start writing a new major mode:

  * GenericMode -- for very simple modes including font-locking and comments
  * DerivedMode -- for new modes very similar to existing modes
  * SampleMode -- complete elisp example for a real major mode
  * ModeTutorial -- a tutorial for mode writers

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/alex.pl