Re: trouble writing a conditional, or with lambda

From: Florian von Savigny
Subject: Re: trouble writing a conditional, or with lambda
Date: 25 May 2003 14:04:40 +0200

Thomas, Oliver, and Lawrence,

Thanks to all of you, all of this was most helpful and taken together,
it covered about every conceivable aspect of my question. I have to
admit I own a printed copy of Chassel's introduction, but did not have
enough patience to find what I was looking for (maybe out of fear of
getting lost somewhere else). In general, I have the feeling that Lisp
documentation is often hard to digest (if concise).

I have now understood the difference between lambda and progn (I used
to know the latter, but forgot about it); I think I tried lambda
because it is used when you want to add a bunch of functions to a hook
in one go - I have now realised that this is precisely because those
functions are not executed then but rather, well, named (I'll find it
in Chassel now ... ).

Thanks again, I'll store your answers for future reference ...

Florian

--

If you are going to reply in private, please be patient, as I only
check for mail something like once a week. - Si vous allez répondre