Re: C++ mode.

From: K Hollingworth
Subject: Re: C++ mode.
Date: 27 May 2003 15:55:21 GMT

Rob Thorpe <robert.thorpe@antenova.com> wrote:
> K Hollingworth <kh25@york.ac.uk> wrote in message
>> According to emacs I have
>>
>> GNU Emacs 20.7.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, X toolkit) of Fri Mar 16 2001 on
>> porky.devel.redhat.com
>>
>> I would like to customise c++ mode so that lines starting std::cerr are
>> marked in a different red as most of them are for debugging and it
>> would be nice to be able to spot them easily.  Is this possible?  It
>> would be acceptable to mark everything in the std namespace in red.
>>
>> I'm a bit of a newbie with emacs so apologies as I don't know all the
>> terminology yet!

> M-x highlight-phrase RET std:cerr RET

> In the buffer when you need it would be what I would do.

Do I need to load another package to get that?   Emacs says "no match"
when I try that command and if I try matching "highlight" I only get the
following completions:

highlight-changes-mode             highlight-changes-next-change
highlight-changes-previous-change  highlight-changes-remove-highlight
highlight-changes-rotate-faces     highlight-compare-with-file

--
 Kirsty Hollingworth                                <kh25@york.ac.uk>
      Department of Biology, University of York, York, YO10 5YW