Re: global-set-key [? \ M-ö]

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: global-set-key [? \ M-ö]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:17:36 +0200

"Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@elta.co.il> writes:

> The unibyte binding is only _one_ of the methods suggested by the
> manual.  IIRC, none of the methods mentioned there works universally,
> so having each one fail in some situation is something we should
> expect, and this deficiency in itself should not IMHO be the reason to
> delete this advice.  The fact is that it helped the OP in this case.

But the keyboard has to send characters in *some* encodings, doesn't
it?  So wouldn't it be enough to ensure that the keyboard coding
system and the coding system used by Emacs to read ~/.emacs are the
same?

Did the OP try the above method, or did he just try the unibyte thing?

It seems to me if the make-codings-agree method works, it should be
used, since it is cleaner.  IMHO.
--
This line is not blank.