Is there a mode that helps enforce coding guidelines?

From: Sandip Chitale
Subject: Is there a mode that helps enforce coding guidelines?
Date: 28 May 2003 10:50:52 -0700

Well, there are some modes like JDEE (for Java) which integrate some external
utilities which check the style e.g. checkstyle. When run the utility emits
compiler error style output in a buffer. The error messages are hyperlinked to
the source. Integration is not exactly the way you asked for but it is useful.

sandip