Re: Yanking multiple times

From: Balaji Venkataraman
Subject: Re: Yanking multiple times
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 18:09:17 -0700

On Wed, 28 May 2003 21:43:47 -0400, Benjamin Rutt
<rutt+news@cis.ohio-state.edu> wrote:

> Balaji Venkataraman <bvenkata+nospam@sm.intel.com> writes:
>
>> How does one yank the same line multiple times?  e.g. - do a C-a, C-k and
>> then paste the same line 20 times (of course I don't want to hit C-y 20
>> times). I understand that a numeric argument to C-y, goes back into the
>> kill-ring by that much, rather than repeat the command.
>
> You can do it with a keyboard macro.  In CVS emacsen, you can do

I usually have viper-mode on. It does help in a situation like
this. Strangely enough, I'd never thought about this problem earlier - can't
believe it's not one of the simpler things to do in emacs.

Thanks anyway!
--
Remember 2 + 2 = 5, for large values of 2