Re: Can't make emacs use utf-8?? (on WinXP)

From: Bjoern
Subject: Re: Can't make emacs use utf-8?? (on WinXP)
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 15:16:29 +0200

Benjamin Riefenstahl wrote:

Hi Bjoern,

Bjoern <p2@blinker.net> writes:

But wasn't Java the first programming language to promote Unicode?
I haven't tried it yet, as untill yesterday I really stuck to ASCII.

The first thing for Unicode to rule the world (;-)) is that

Can't wait ;-)

[...]

There are even those, like me, that believe that the language of
identifiers and comments should be simple English anyway, to maximize
reusability.

True, I wasn't even thinking about that, but what about

System.out.println("some non-ASCII text here");

?

Bjoern