Re: [newbie] emacs flyspell not understands well accented chars

From: Mario Giammarco
Subject: Re: [newbie] emacs flyspell not understands well accented chars
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 12:01:39 GMT

On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 23:32:19 +0200, Oliver Scholz wrote:

> Mario Giammarco <mgiammarco@nospam.supereva.it> writes:
>
>> Mario Giammarco wrote:
>>
>>> BINGO!
>>>
>>> now it almost works
>>>
>>> it gives me an error "invalid coding system iso-8859-15"
>>> I have tried also iso-8859-1 now I will do other tries
>>>
>> I confirm this error
> [...]
>
> When does that happen? When you turn on flyspell-mode with `M-x
> flyspell-mode'.
>
> Please, do `M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET' and try to get a
> backtrace. It could be necessary to load ispell.el (i.e. _not_ the
> .elc file) manually in order to get a readable backtrace.

Well I did again apt-get --purge remove emacs21 emacsen-common ispell etc.
etc. etc.

Then I checked and removed all files and directories.

Now I reinstalled all.

I tried your lisp code and works (no errors).

But....

Even with your code perch é are 2 words.

Now I am writing this with pan news reader that uses aspell.
With italian dictionary it does not underline red perché because it
correctly recognises it.

I will try to substitute ispell with aspell.