Re: backward-delete-char-untabify-method

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: backward-delete-char-untabify-method
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 22:37:12 +0100

Sam Halliday wrote:
> Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > I think you'll have to make it from scratch (and a few other
> > (defun sam-backspace ()
<snip>
> wooah woah; im very new to elisp (and by exposure only) so you'll have
> to be patient here... but from checking this out very quickly (one
> indenting example)... it seems to do exactly what i am after!! thank
> you very much Stefan :-D

ok, this does not seem to be perfect just yet; it doesnt seem to work in
elisp mode for example, but is doing as expected in LaTeX mode;
especially if i keep my untabify-method=hungry.

you can take as an example the function itself... go to the 13th line
which begins "(zerop..." and type BACKSPACE there, i would expect it to
delete back to just below "(while...", but instead
backward-delete-char-untabify is being called.

cheers,
Sam