Re: header line properties

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: header line properties
Date: 10 Jun 2003 10:18:01 +0200

    Stefan> I think it should work the same in 21.2 and 21.3, but in 21.3.50

21.3.50 is that the officially released 21.3 version?

    Stefan> it was changed for security reasons: the `help-echo' property can
    Stefan> contain arbitrary code, so you need to tell Emacs that
    Stefan> `header-line-string' is a "trusted" variable (i.e. one that can't
    Stefan> be set by "local variables" sections in your files).  Check the
    Stefan> NEWS with C-h n to find out more.

can't find anything there, neither for "security" nor for "trust".
Can you give an example how I make a variable a "trusted" one?

Thanks

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
---
Napoleon: What shall we do with this soldier, Guiseppe?
          Everything he says is wrong.
Guiseppe: Make him a general, Excellency, and then everything he says
          will be right.          -- G. B. Shaw, "The Man of Destiny"