Re: Reinstating windows state after ediff

From: Sandip Chitale
Subject: Re: Reinstating windows state after ediff
Date: 11 Jun 2003 18:41:56 -0700

Have you looked into:

"
window-configuration-to-register is an interactive compiled Lisp
function in `register'.
(window-configuration-to-register REGISTER &optional ARG)

Store the window configuration of the selected frame in register
REGISTER.
Use C-x r j to restore the configuration.
Argument is a character, naming the register.
"

and binding it to some keys to save and restore the window
configuration?