Re: plain printing

From: Rob Thorpe
Subject: Re: plain printing
Date: 12 Jun 2003 08:37:23 -0700

Keith O'Connell <kroc@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:<87of13halt.fsf@smtp.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> Hi,
>
>         Well I went away and had a play with printcap and can now
>         print in the way I couldn't before, but as is always the way,
>         another anomaly has appeared.
>
>         pr filename |lpr ;I get my text with a header     - ok
>
>         cat filename |lpr ;I get my text without a header - also ok
>
>         However, if I print buffer from emacs I get my text with a
>         header, but after each page is printed emacs pushes out a
>         blank page                                         - not ok
>
>         What is the problem here? Please don't say the user!

The exact command Emacs should give to print the file is:-

pr -F filename | lpr

Check what this does at the shell and check what lpr-buffer does in
Emacs.  If it doesn't produce the right result its still probably a
print setup problem.  You may have set the paper size to letter in
your print setup where it should be A4.