Re: keybcodes in console

From: Pieter Laeremans
Subject: Re: keybcodes in console
Date: 14 Jun 2003 23:32:59 +0200

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Pieter Laeremans <pieter@laeremans.org> writes:
>
> Something very weird is going on.  I know this is not helping you a
> lot, but things shouldn't be like that.
>
> Did you do something special to configure the azerty kbd?

Not as far as I know. Maybe it 's because it is a Microsoft keyboard
:-) ( I bought it because it is truely ergonomic, the only Microsoft
product I own).

Seriously. I'm not aware of something special I have done.  I
've just configured my Debian system the normal way, I selected the
appropriate keymap and local settings.  And I didn't do anything weird
in my .emacs file.

I've just tested the keybindings on threee different emacs
installations using ssh.  The same problem occurs.  So it seems more
like a problem in Linux, I don't know. I do not know how to test it.

thx,

Pieter