Coloring a command in LateX-mode?

From: Nicolas Neuss
Subject: Coloring a command in LateX-mode?
Date: 23 Jun 2003 14:30:34 +0200

Hello, all.

I have a document which I want to write bilingual (German and English).  To
this end I have defined the following TeX/LaTeX commands:

\newif\ifgerman    \germanfalse    \germantrue
\ifgerman\usepackage[german]{babel}\fi
\newcommand{\ifg}[2]{\ifgerman#1\else#2\fi}

which can be used, e.g., as

\ifg{Hallo}{Hello}!

Now, it would be nice if Emacs' LaTeX mode could be instructed to show the
German and English parts of the text with different colors.  I have tried
to find something with similar functionality in tex/latex-mode, but this
stuff is not easy to understand - at least for me.  Therefore, I would very
much appreciate any help from knowledgeable people.

Thank you, Nicolas.