Re: Wordprocessor behaviour

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Wordprocessor behaviour
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:22:56 -0600

Daniel Andersen wrote:

I'm quite new to emacs and I have a question which has bothered me a long time. I'm writing a book and started using emacs insteed of Word, which I got pretty much tired of, but there is one thing which annoyes me; when I have written a long sentense and it is wrapped to many lines on the screen, then when I want to go on "screen-line" up in the same sentence, it jumps to the previous paragraph insteed, which means that I have to move the cursor along the line insteed to get upwards.

I have searched for information on this but couldn't find any myself; I know that one can have emacs break long lines itself, but I don't want it to do so...

Check out the Emacs Lisp List: http://anc.ed.ac.uk/~stephen/emacs/ell.html

I found screen-lines.el there, which you could try:
http://homepage1.nifty.com/bmonkey/emacs/elisp/screen-lines.el