Re: cvs emacs build fails on Windows XP

From: Timur Aydin
Subject: Re: cvs emacs build fails on Windows XP
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:12:24 +0300

jasonr (Jason Rumney) @  f2s.com writes:

>> I had to manually change the line-endings (I guess this was due to
>> fetching the source from cvs).
>
> That is neccesary in the nt and leim/CXTERM subdirectories if you use
> a DOS/Windows CVS client that changes the line-ends as it checks
> out. Recent versions of WinCVS and any version of Cygwin CVS can work
> in a mode where they do not change line-ends.

cvs does change line ending according to the underlying platform. This
is by design. A properly added file will be stored on the cvs server
with LF line endings. When checking out, the file will be converted to
have CR/LF line endings under windows, LF line endings under unix (no
change) and LF/CR line endings uder MAC. Properly adding a text file
means adding it while it has the correct line endings for the
underlying platform.

It seems the nt related files and the leim dictionary files have not
been added to the repository properly. They probably have been added
to the cvs repository under linux, while having CR/LF line endings, or
something like that.

--
Timur Aydin