Re: PSGML and an XEmacs -> GNU Emacs transition

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: PSGML and an XEmacs -> GNU Emacs transition
Date: 28 Jun 2003 18:49:05 -0700

> I have recently switched from XEmacs to GNU Emacs, which
> unfortunately doesn't (currenlty) come prepackaged with PSGML (my
> favorite SGML mode).  Nevertheless, I've managed to install it and I
> would like to know how to get a skeleton (e.g., a DOCTYPE, HTML,
> HEAD and BODY elements, etc.) to be inserted into my new HTML files,
> which PSGML doesn't seem to do by default under GNU Emacs (though
> XEmacs did so).  Any idea how to enable GNU Emacs to give me the
> same functionality that XEmacs had?

I believe the PSGML in XEmacs is much hacked (by Ben Wing, if memory
serves).  You may want to get the PSGML package from an XEmacs site
instead (although you'll need to hand install it).

--
David Masterson                David DOT Masterson AT synopsys DOT com
Sr. R&D Engineer               Synopsys, Inc.