Customized font height not restored upon starting emacs

From: rcopley
Subject: Customized font height not restored upon starting emacs
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:13:26 +0100

Good morning,

I have used customize-face to set the font family and height for the default face. When I begin a new emacs session, the font family I chose is displayed, but in a different size. I know ~/.emacs is being executed because my keyboard shortcuts are all still working. If I use C-x C-e to run the custom-set-face defun in ~/.emacs, the correct font-size is restored.

So I adopted the working hypothesis that emacs, X or my window manager is applying some other customization after ~/.emacs is parsed.

I've trawled through all the configuration files I could find, namely
        ~/.emacs,
        /etc/emacs/site-start.el,
        /etc/X11/app-defaults/Emacs,
        /etc/X11/Xresources,
        /etc/X11/XF86Config,
        ~/.kde/share/applnk-mdk/Applications/Editors/Emacs.desktop,
        /usr/share/apps/kappfinder/apps/Editors/emacs.desktop, and
        /usr/share/apps/kdisplay/app-defaults/Emacs.ad,
and removed every font-related command and every string of font settings (don't worry, I made backups). This was to no avail.

I'm running GNU Emacs 21.2.93.1, in X, and I'm using IceWM as my window manager (is that terribly gauche of me? I only started using GNU/Linux a week or so ago). The theme I'm using in IceWM is Breaker51.

Do you have a solution or suggestion?

Regards,
Buster Copley