Re: psprint and the message "Font for some characters not found"

From: Jörg Maier
Subject: Re: psprint and the message "Font for some characters not found"
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:18:21 +0200

Am Montag, 30. Juni 2003 15:45 schrieb Kai Großjohann:
> Jörg Maier <joerg.maier@rz.uni-mannheim.de> writes:
> > i use emacs 21.2, when i try to print with ps-print-buffer i get the
> > error message above. printing with lpr like print-buffer prints even
> > special german characters.
> >
> > i searched the web an the mailing list, but didnt find anything
> > special. i installed
> > intlfnts-1.2-508
> > intlfonts-bdf-1.2-508
>
> I think you're using Latin-9, and the intlfonts distribution contains
> Latin-1 fonts only.
>
> Maybe it works if you do this:
>
> (require 'latin1-disp)
> (latin1-display-setup 'latin-9 t)

This didnt help.

Do i have to include the intlfonts specially (eg in .emacs)? do i have to use
intlfonts to ps-print special characters rather than to lpr them? why
is ps-print-buffer here not working while print-buffer does?

thanks, joerg

--
GnuPG Key : http://www.shove-it.de/meinweb/joergpubkey03

Hi
I am a signature virus.
Please copy me to your .signature file to help me spread.