Help on invoking GUD from command promt

From: Sudhir K KRISHNAWARRIER
Subject: Help on invoking GUD from command promt
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 13:44:56 -0400

Hi,

I am using GNU Emacs 21.2.1, which I use for debugging my application using gdb
on Red Hat 8.0. I started using valgrind with gdb for finding out memory
violations. Now what I would love to do is to get emacs/gud invoked from
command prompt, so that I can directly hookup emacs from valgrind. Something
like

emacs  -lgud.el --someoption <myapp args> so that
when valgrind traps a memory violation, it can popup emacs with gdb attached to
the application. I am not sure if it possible, but if anyone could thow some
light, that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Sudhir