Re: emacs and texshop as LaTeX editors together on mac os x

From: Emar Maier
Subject: Re: emacs and texshop as LaTeX editors together on mac os x
Date: 4 Jul 2003 01:53:33 -0700

> > disappears under a "..." sign (looks like three dots, but if you
> > delete one, a line of text suddenl;y appears, very weird, have not
> > been able to find any posts about it though).
>
> It is called selective-display, I think.  It is a pretty old Emacs
> feature where you could hide part of the text by replacing newlines
> with carriage returns and turning on that mode.
>
> Does it help to say C-x $?

Yes, thanks, it does appear to be `selective-display', but C-x $
doesn't turn it off,. as it should, but says `selective-display
already in use for marked lines'. Anyway, doesn't matter, because I
came accross another post suggesting that it might just be mac vs unix
coding of linebreaks in text files. It provides 2 shell scripts to
convert mac to unix text and vice versa, and it works. Here it is:
http://www.masda.vxu.se/~pku/MacOSX_TeX/2001/msg00100.html

cya,
 Emar