Re: AucTeX problems on Mac OSX

From: D. D. Brierton
Subject: Re: AucTeX problems on Mac OSX
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 11:57:05 +0100

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 12:37:03 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> If everybody else is running an X version of Emacs, is there a
> particular reason that you don't install an X version of Emacs for
> her?  I mean, it was one of the points of OS X to make that possible,
> wasn't it?

Well, as I said, I don't really know my way round on Macs. As it was I had
to install various developer tools, teTeX, Emacs, and AucTeX. I didn't
really fancy adding having to install X as well to the mix. Maybe I made
the wrong decision, but its made now. I think the only thing I have to do
to sort out the current problem is customize the value of exec-path.

> Pity if those people have to come into his office to see his
> environment instead of having it on their own computer.

Well, I guess they will eventually want it on their machines too. The
thing is that most of them don't seem to be very computer savvy - much
happier with chalk and a blackboard or a marker pen and a white board.
Installing a lisp package might sound to them rather like string theory
does to me!

The fact remains that they all thought it was ultra cool!

Thanks for the help, and thanks for preview-latex and auctex!

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@dzr-web.com           www.dzr-web.com