Re: Couple Info questions

From: Mike Ballard
Subject: Re: Couple Info questions
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 01:42:41 GMT

On Thu Jul 03, Leo disturbed my nap when he said:

> hi mike
>
> > Man I love Info - I wish everyone wrote docs for it (anyone know of an
> > Info doc repository?).
> >
> > Two questions:
> >
> > 1.  Is there anything like a kill-ring in Info such that I can easily
> >     see/revisit current-session nodes I've been to (not using l or
> >     bookmarks)?  If I use g I seem to only get pages I've typed in mb;
>
> why not using bookmarks? works fine for me.

Partly because the circumstance I'm thinking of is when you jump around
and forget what you were doing ('l' is much too messy for this).  The only
way to prevent that using bookmarks would be to bookmark every node you
visit :->  A 'kill-ring' of nodes visited would be very handy.

> > 2.  I don't see anything in Info and was wondering if someone knows of an
> >     existing appendage that would summarize Info search hits in one buffer
> >     (instead of visiting them one hit at a time)?
>
> you could use 'occur'.

I was looking for something a little less linear than s - check all the
nodes for me then just list the results...

Mike
--

mike.ballard--at--earthlink.net

  "Play an accordion, go to jail.  It's the law!"