Re: simple editor required

From: Paul Edwards
Subject: Re: simple editor required
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:10:17 GMT

I have another problem with Emacs 20.7.1.  Line numbers
are on by default, but I have also added column numbers
(but that doesn't affect the result either way).  So anyway,
with:

(setq line-number-mode t)
(setq column-number-mode t)

The problem is that when I edit large files, even when I
am on line 1, emacs says "L??".  Xemacs doesn't have
this problem.

And then there is an anomaly.  Xemacs columns are
1-based, Emacs are 0-based.  I don't mind whether it is
0-based or 1-based, so long as it is the same between
both emacs.  I am a C programmer, so I guess I should
say that 0 is more logical.  :-)  But really, I don't care.

Any ideas on either problem?

Xemacs...
-----XEmacs:
filename.txt (Text PenDel)----L78469--C1--Bot------