Menubar doesn't respond to mouse.

From: Ian Brandt
Subject: Menubar doesn't respond to mouse.
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:26:51 -0400

Hi,

I'm running emacs 21.3.1 in KDE on Gentoo remotely over TightVNC. I can not activate the menubar with the mouse, however I can activate the toolbar. I can also mark text, drag the scrollbar, and move the window dividers. I don't have any other mousing related issues with any other applications.

I'm assuming there is some problem between X and the particular widget emacs uses for the menubar, but I don't have the foggiest idea how to troubleshoot this. Has anyone had come across this problem before, or have any ideas on how I could debug?

Thanks,

Ian