Re: Crazy idea for M-(: surround region

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Crazy idea for M-(: surround region
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:39:32 GMT

In article <3F12CCE0.9090801@yahoo.com>,
Kevin Rodgers  <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Kai Großjohann wrote:
>
>> If transient-mark-mode is active, M-( should surround the region with
>> parens, ie do like C-w M-( C-y.
>
>How should a prefix arg be interpreted in that case?  Is it ignored, or
>
>does it force the current behavior (i.e does transient-mark-mode or
>current-prefix arg have precedence)?

It seems reasonable for this change to affect only the default behavior.
If you go to the trouble to specify the number of sexp's to parenthesize,
why would you want it to ignore that?

For those of us who don't use transient-mark-mode, how about C-u M-( or M--
M-( surrounding the region?

--
Barry Margolin, barry.margolin@level3.com
Level(3), Woburn, MA