[Simple] Regular Expression search

From: Robert Pollard
Subject: [Simple] Regular Expression search
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:00:57 -0700

Hello all,

How do you find blank lines or carriage returns/new lines using regular expressions. When I type \n it selects all the n characters in the page. I need it to look for special characters. I can search for tabs by hitting the tab key but not by using \t as a shell based regular expression allows.

I looked in the man pages, GNU Emacs Pocket Reference and Learning GNU Emacs and probably missed it somewhere.

Thanks,

Robert Pollard