Re: Problem in building carbonated emacs on MacOS X

From: tristero
Subject: Re: Problem in building carbonated emacs on MacOS X
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:08:26 GMT

In article <5lvftzx4m0.fsf@rum.cs.yale.edu>, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> I extracted the latest cvs emacs code, and tried to build it with make
>> bootstrap. The problem is during bootstrapping using the bootstrap-emacs on
>> those elisp code, the bootstrap-emacs encountered "Fatal error (11).make[1]:
>> *** [autoloads]", and bootstrap emacs just simply sit there for many hours
>> without doing anything.
>> Can somebody shed some light on this?
>
> Please read the INSTALL-CVS file.

How helpful...

The current cvs sources don't build properly in osx.  I did a
successful build on 4-July, so if you get a cvs snapshot from that
date you should have a buildable source tree.

ps There are unrelated problems building this emacs in jaguar with
gcc 3.3.  Use 3.1 instead.  Possibly in panther the 3.3 issues are
resolved.