Re: help with tags

From: Dan Katz
Subject: Re: help with tags
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 11:41:20 -0400

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Javier Oviedo wrote:

> Currently, when I do find-tag, it stops on the first occurrence it
> finds in the tag table. It would be nice if I could run a command
> that would go to the next occurrence in the tag table.

As the help for the find-tag function states (C-h f find-tag):

    If second arg NEXT-P is t (interactively, with prefix arg), search
    for another tag that matches the last tagname or regexp used.

The prefix arg (a.k.a. the universal arg) is usually bound to C-u.  So
your session might look like this (for default key bindings):

M-. foo<RET>                   ; Find the first 'foo' tag
C-u M-.                        ; Goto the next one

Is this what you're looking for?

Dan