Re: Emacs-friendly bindings for /usr/bin/screen?

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: Emacs-friendly bindings for /usr/bin/screen?
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:53:06 +0100

> I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to post a set of key
> bindings for the program screen that do not interfere too much with
> Emacs.  (The default screen key bindings start off on the wrong
> foot with Emacs' "beginning-of-line" [C-a] as its command key.)

I set the command key to C-t instead, since I use transpose-chars less
frequently than beginning-of-line.

In .screenrc:

escape ^Tt

If I need to transpose, it's just C-tt

[and C-t is the default in ratpoison, the screen-like window manager,
so it's handy to have the same key binding in both]

Regards,

Jim Ottaway