Re: eshell on OS X / fink

From: tristero
Subject: Re: eshell on OS X / fink
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:26:04 GMT

In article <m2r83xdibw.fsf@krid.de>, Dirk Bernhardt wrote:
> There's an annoying problem with eshell that I don't remember having had
> before:  eshell `swallows' some command outputs:

I don't use the X11 gnuemacs client in osx, so I can't tell you
specifically what to do about the problem you're reporting.  I can
tell you that I never seen it with carbon gnuemacs 21.3, so if you're
working at the console rather than remotely, you might try that
instead of the X11 client.  See http://members.shaw.ca/akochoi-emacs/
for more details.  It's an excellent port, very stable even though
it's not quite offically marked as such yet.

In X11 I run xemacs 21.4.13 (built via fink, but I wrote the .info
file myself - the standard fink distribution has an earlier 21.4 in
the stable tree and 21.5 in the unstable tree).  It likewise doesn't
display this problem.  That's another alternative if you don't want or
can't use the carbon gnuemacs.