Re: My gnuServer notes on Win2000

From: Herb Martin
Subject: Re: My gnuServer notes on Win2000
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 01:04:29 GMT

"kgold" <kgold@watson.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:bhbl00$96c$1@news.btv.ibm.com...

> FWIW, I have this in my emacs for Windows, Linux, and AIX:
>
> ; gnuserv
>
> (require 'gnuserv)
> (gnuserv-start)
>
> On Windows, running "gnuclientw" just works.  On Unix, I have to start
> one "emacs", and then use "gnuclient" once emacs is running.

Presumably you have a "gnuserv.el" somewhere that sets this
up -- I downloaded a chunk of elisp and stuck it in my .emacs
file.

My little batch trick is so that I can do this:

e   *.txt    readme*

And get all .txt and anything that starts with readme to run.
It also fires the gnuserv the first time or brings emacs front
if I type it with no (matching) files.

Emacs starts if necessary and comes to top of window stack
(focus)