Re: Gnus 5.10.2 == 5.9.0?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Gnus 5.10.2 == 5.9.0?
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:31:29 +0200

On Thu, Aug 14 2003, Joe Casadonte wrote:

> I just downloaded 5.10.2 and when I started it, the splash screen says
> 5.9.0, as does `gnus-version'.

To complete the confusion, your User-Agent header says Gnus 5.8.8.

> Is this just a variable that someone forgot to update?

No.

Follow the instructions in the README file that comes with the tar
ball.  And ignore the first line in this file ("This package contains
a beta version of Gnus."), it's incorrect. ;-)

BTW: `gnu.emacs.gnus' is more suitable for Gnus questions as
`gnu.emacs.help'.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,