Re: new syntactic symbols in cc-mode

From: Marco Gidde
Subject: Re: new syntactic symbols in cc-mode
Date: 16 Aug 2003 00:11:12 +0200

Heiko Gerdau <hg@technosis.de> writes:

> If you add "signals" to the definition of 'c-protection-kwds' in
> 'cc-lang.el' ( and don't use the precompiled cc-*.elc) it works fine.
>
> Unfortunately if you add any keyword containing a blank (like "public
> slots") it does not work, although the generated regular expression in
> variable 'c-opt-access-key' would find it. I don't know where the "blank"
> problem comes from.

I debugged the code a bit and found that the parser jumps back and
forth not only by character but sometimes also by words (take a look
at c-backward-sexp). I am far away from understanding what's going on
there, but it seems to help if you not only add "public slots" but also
"slots" to the regular expression. While typing your code the parser
identifies the "public slots:" as a label and indents it like that, but
c-indent-defun works (most of the time :-)