Re: RSS Aggregator for Gnus 5.8.8?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: RSS Aggregator for Gnus 5.8.8?
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:14:02 +0200

On Tue, Aug 19 2003, Joe Casadonte wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, Kai Großjohann wrote:
>> "Joe Casadonte" <jcasadonte@northbound-train.com> writes:
[ Gnus 5.10.2 ...]
>>> does not seem to be a nice drop-in replacement for 5.8.8 (it
>>> choked on my authinfo file, which I've been using forever now).
>>
>> What's the problem with the .authinfo file?  I've been using mine
>> for a long time, too, and I don't have problems with 5.10.
>
> There's a bug in nnimp that Reiner posted a fix for, both of which
> (the bug & the fix) I found with a Google search.  I'm connecting to
> the same server (localhost -- ssh port forwarding) as multiple users,
> using nnimap as a foreign server rather than a secondary server.
> Something in all of that caused the bug to happen, and the .authinfo
> is ignored.  I patched it with the new code and all is well.  I've
> successfully upgraded to 5.10.2 and the world is a much safer
> place.....thanks!

Are you saying that you _could_ use ~/.authinfo with the same IMAP
server and with different user names with Gnus 5.8.8?  I can hardly
imagine that, because the code of `nnimap-open-connection' is the same
in 5.8.8 and 5.10.2.

Anyway, I've committed the abovementioned patch to CVS now.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)