Re: break (C-c C-C) in shell broken

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: break (C-c C-C) in shell broken
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:15:57 +0200

fredanonyme@yahoo.com (fred) writes:

> kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) wrote in message
>> fredanonyme@yahoo.com (fred) writes:
>>
>> > I am using all the time a shell window from emacs and it
>> > used to be the case that Control-C Control-C would send a
>> > break to the shell. It is a feature I use all the time
>> > (specially when doing SQL queries).
>> > However, it stopped working just recently.
>>
>> What does C-h k C-c C-c say in the situation where you would like it
>> to send a break to the shell?
>>
> C-c C-c runs the command comint-interrupt-subjob
>    which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `comint'.
> (comint-interrupt-subjob)
>
>> What happens when you type C-c C-c to send a break to the shell?
>
> nothing.

Hm.  C-c C-c is invoking the right command, but the command doesn't
do anything.

I have no idea how come this happens.  Hm.  I would perhaps locate
the source for the function (M-x find-function RET
comint-interrupt-subjob RET), then M-x edebug-defun RET it, then
single-step through it to see what happens.
--
Two cafe au lait please, but without milk.