Re: hyper & super in Emacs 21 in terminal?

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: hyper & super in Emacs 21 in terminal?
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:06:13 -0500

> (global-set-key [(hyper g)] 'goto-line)

Cool, thanks.

I had been mislead by trying (global-set-key [H-a] 'run-gcl) -- which
just produced a beep.  (I saw this syntax advertised on the web
somewhere.)

Can you or anyone perhaps suggest a more economical "binding" than the
default:

(define-key function-key-map [?\C-x ?@ ?h] 'event-apply-hyper-modifier)

I'm looking for something that has just one keypress associated with it.
Like F8 or something like that - but I don't know the syntax for
entering F8 as an ASCII keysequence recognizable to Emacs.

Joe