Re: Deleting all succeeding whitespace

From: Sandip Chitale
Subject: Re: Deleting all succeeding whitespace
Date: 25 Aug 2003 15:50:36 -0700

"Eric Bessette" <ebessette@qwest.net> wrote in message
news:<mailman.871.1061746115.29551.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>...
> I'd like to have a key binding that deletes all of the whitespace after the
> current cursor position.  Is there a function in emacs that does this?  Can
> I create one, if so, I'd appreciate some help?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric
I have this:

(defun delete-forward-backward-horizontal-space (arg)
  "Delete all spaces and tabs forward from point. With argument delete
all spaces and tabs backword."
  (interactive "*P")
  (let ((orig-pos (point)))
    (delete-region
     orig-pos
     (progn
       (if arg
           (skip-chars-backward " \t")
           (skip-chars-forward " \t"))
       (constrain-to-field nil orig-pos t)))))

(global-set-key [(meta ?\  )]
'delete-forward-backward-horizontal-space)