Re: How make comment-region NOT ignore blank lines but comment out those

From: Christian Seberino
Subject: Re: How make comment-region NOT ignore blank lines but comment out those too?
Date: 27 Aug 2003 14:57:03 -0700

Jesper

You were right! It worked!!! Now Emacs (CVS version) comments out empty lines!
It's great! Thanks for all the help.

Can I ask you one more question about this?....

I noticed that the empty lines when they get commented have whitespace
after the comment character.....

e.g. a blank line ---> "#  \n"
instead of                 "#\n"

Is it too much to ask to try to make comment-region change blanks to "#\n"
instead

Chris