Re: what is the point of point-min?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: what is the point of point-min?
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:05:36 +0200

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

> If they were Lisp functions I would have just read the source.  But
>
> * I hate reading C.

Well, reading Emacs C code is very unlike reading other C code, so
please do give it a try.

> * It's much more cumbersome to find the function definition for
>   built-in functions, i.e. there's no handy hyperlink to the source
>   when doing `C-h f' like there is for Lisp functions.

I just "make tags" in the Emacs source directory and then use M-. to
find such stuff.  Not quite as convenient as M-x find-function RET,
but just a little bit worse.
--
Two cafe au lait please, but without milk.