Problem reading Latin-1 and UTF-8 encoded files on Carbon Emacs (Mac OS

From: Frank Sonnemans
Subject: Problem reading Latin-1 and UTF-8 encoded files on Carbon Emacs (Mac OS X)
Date: 29 Aug 2003 10:18:01 +0200

I am having trouble getting Carbonized Emacs to display UTF-8 and windows
Latin-1 encoded files. Basically I am moving contacts from the Apple
Address Book to the bbdb database. The address book supports amongst
other things UTF-8 or Windows Latin-1 encoding for the exported
vcards.

text. I tried setting the encoding manually before loading the file,
but nothing seems to help.

I'm even wondering of my emacs version supports these encodings.

Emacs Version: 21.3
OS: Mac OS X 10.2

Any help is greatly apreciated.

Frank