Re: Inhibit line-breaking inside syntactic elements

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Inhibit line-breaking inside syntactic elements
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 08:33:26 -0600

Chong Yidong wrote:

I am currently writing a major mode for the Wiki markup language used
in Wikipedia (http://www.wikipedia.org), and I need help figuring out
how to stop filling functions from breaking lines inside certain
syntactic constructs.

In Wiki markup, links are surrounded by two sets of braces,
[[like this]]. For various reasons, the entire link should be placed
on the same line, so I need to prevent auto-fill and fill-paragraph
from automatically inserting newlines inside such a construct ([[like
this]]).

--
Kevin Rodgers