Common .emacs and other files

From: Harter, Douglas
Subject: Common .emacs and other files
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:16:44 -0400

I have 2 usernames which I use on our system and do a lot of work in emacs
on both usernames. I would like to have the files on both usernames which I
use, like the .profile, .emacs, and some *-cust.lse files used in emacs
else-mode, be the same on both usernames.

What I would like to do is make one username the location for the files and
just set up symbolic links to those files from the other username.

I found that if I put the *-cust.lse files under the .emacs.d directory,
they are still available when I use emacs, so I wanted to link the .emacs.d
directory also.

Has anyone tried something like this and will it cause any problems with
emacs (or anything else in Unix)? I'm not going to do anything until I find
out.

.