Re: newbie emacsclient question

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: newbie emacsclient question
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:24:43 -0600

Christian Seberino wrote:

I find myself starting emacs MANY times a day.  I vaguely remember
something
called emacsclient that I believe lets you keep one instance of emacs
running
always and it gets used whenever anything tries to launch emacs.
Is this the best and a stable tool to do this???

Yes, and it is distributed with emacs so it should already be installed in the
same place.

Is would be kinda nice to not have to keep starting emacs a zillion
times a day.

Why would you ever exit emacs?  Many of us run it for weeks at a time.

Sometimes I may have a program itself call emacs like in mutt or an
IDE or GUI building tool.  Will emacsclient work with these too??

Yes.

--
Kevin Rodgers