Timeclock-out broken??

From: ASH, JAMES (SBCSI)
Subject: Timeclock-out broken??
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:48:55 -0500

I was hoping I could replace timeclock.el and rename timeclock.elc out of
the way and this would work. But I still have my problem.  I'm new to emacs
-- is this the wrong approach??
Thanks in advance!
ASH JAMES wrote:

> I am using emacs 21.3.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.0.2195) of 2003-03-27 on buffy on
> Windows 2000.
>
> When I attempt to M-x timeclock-out I am prompted for the reason for
> clocking out. It will not accept anything that is typed there:
> Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil.
[...]
> Is this a known problem? Anyone have a fix.

Yes, it's fixed in the Emacs CVS. Maybe you can get away with just
updating timeclock.el, though that might not work in isolation.

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/lisp/calendar/timeclock.
el
<http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/lisp/calendar/timeclock
.el>

IIRC it's something to do with timeclock-discrepancy being nil.