Re: how and why does keyboard input unhighlight the mouse-selected regi

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: how and why does keyboard input unhighlight the mouse-selected region?
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:19:12 GMT

>>> I don't think I do.
>> Why not ?
> Because I find it annoying -- more so than the fact that keyboard input
> unhighlights a mouse-selected region.  But a follow-mouse.el user

I see.  In Emacs-CVS there is a notion of temporarily turning on
transient-mark-mode, so you could have the mouse-highlight set
transient-mark-mode temporarily ON.

As for "is it a bug", the highlighting that you see is only meant
to be active while you drag the mouse, so it's not a bug (although
I agree that it's not my favorite behavior, which is why I use
transient-mark-mode).

        Stefan