Re: how automate these steps in STARTING debuggers??? (gdb, pdb, etc.)

From: Christian Seberino
Subject: Re: how automate these steps in STARTING debuggers??? (gdb, pdb, etc.)
Date: 10 Sep 2003 17:52:52 -0700

Kevin

Thanks for all your replies to my questions.  This is all great info.
I tried to set gud-key-prefix and was not able to do it.  Is there
some special way to set this variable that is unlike other variables???

Here is one attempt to set variable:

 (setq-default        gud-key-prefix           "C-x" )

Here is the error message when I start gdb:

 Key sequence C - x C-l uses invalid prefix characters

This is odd since I'm not even altering gud-key-prefix
from its original value!?!?

Chris