Re: compjuga-mode

From: FCC
Subject: Re: compjuga-mode
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:10:16 +0300

Hello Johan,

I did follow the instructions in compjuga.el. When I invoke compjuga-conjugate-verb, emacs prompts:
infinitivo:
When I enter a word at the prompt, I get the following error message:
compjuga-conjugate-verb: Searching for program: no such file or directory, compjuga I guess this is because the engine behind emacs that is supposed to find the word and its conjugations is missing. From the compjuga site I could download the source files (compjuga.c, compjuga.h, test-data-file.c, Makefile, check_data.pl, create_data.pl, etc.). Makefile is like this:

# Makefile --
# Created: Nov. 13, 1998    (dmg@csg.uwaterloo.ca)
# Revised:
# Copyright 1998 Daniel M. German (dmg@csg.uwaterloo.ca)
#
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
# under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
# Free Software Foundation; either version 2.
#
# This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
# WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
# General Public License for more details.
#
# You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
# with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
# 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
#
# $Id: Makefile,v 1.1 1998/11/18 21:50:43 dmg Exp $
#

# Change the path of this file to suit your needs
DATAFILE=C:/compjuga-0.1/compjuga.dat

VERSION=0.1

.SUFFIXES:

OBJS=
EXES=test-data-file compjuga
HEADERS=compjuga.h

CC=gcc.exe
CFLAGS=-O
XTRACFLAGS=-Wall -pipe -I. -DVERSION=$(VERSION) -DNDEBUG
LDFLAGS=
XTRALDFLAGS=-L. -lgdbm

all: $(EXES) $(DATAFILE)

$(OBJS): $(HEADERS)

%.o: %.c $(HEADERS)
        $(CC) -c $(CPPFLAGS) $(CFLAGS) $(XTRACFLAGS) $<

%: %.o $(LIB)
        $(CC) -o $@ $< $(LDFLAGS) $(XTRALDFLAGS)

$(DATAFILE): data/ver.fam data/verbs.txt
        ./create_data.pl        $(DATAFILE)

install: $(EXES)

.PHONY: clean distclean
distclean clean:
        -rm -f *.o *.s *~ core a.out $(LIB) $(EXES)

dist:
        (rm -f /tmp/ChangeLog ./ChangeLog; \
        rcs2log > /tmp/ChangeLog; \
        cd /tmp; \
        rm -rf /tmp/apmd-$(VERSION); \
        cvs export -fNd apmd-$(VERSION) -r HEAD apmd; \
        cd apmd-$(VERSION); \
        mv ../ChangeLog .; \
        find -type d | xargs chmod 755; \
        find -type f | xargs chmod 644; \
        find -type d | xargs chown root:root; \
        find -type f | xargs chown root:root; \
        cd ..; \
        tar cvvf apmd-$(VERSION).tar apmd-$(VERSION); \
        gzip -9f apmd-$(VERSION).tar; \
        cp -p apmd-$(VERSION)/LSM apmd-$(VERSION).lsm; \
        cp -p apmd-$(VERSION)/ANNOUNCE apmd-$(VERSION).Announce; \
        echo Done.)

Except the dist: part, I would be happy if someone actually convert the all these commands into commands that I can type at the command prompt.

Thanks,

Ferhun.

Johan Bockgård wrote:
FCC <Ferhun.Caner@upc.es> writes:

I am trying to get this compjuga-mode running under Emacs21.3 on
Windows XP. I have downloaded the source from
http://feff.phys.washington.edu/~ravel/software/compjuga/
since there were no binaries for Windows platform.

There are no "binaries".

You don't need the Makefile.
Follow the Installation instructions in compjuga.el