Re: make-local-hook obsolete

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: Re: make-local-hook obsolete
Date: 12 Sep 2003 18:33:40 +0200

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Jesper Harder wrote:

>  Klaus Berndl <klaus.berndl@sdm.de> writes:
>
> > I'm using latest CVS-version of GNU Emacs 21 and i know that there
> > is no official support for it - but only on short and probably very
> > easy question):
> >
> > After every Emacs start-up i get a additional window with buffer
> > *Compile Log* which tells me that make-local-hook is obsolete....
>
>  Why are you byte-compiling every time you start Emacs?  It sounds like
>  a mistake somewhere.

Hmm, you could be right....but i do not byte-compiling - at least not
intentionally.

> > I know this so how can i disable to pop-up this warning
> > window..Warning me after byte-compilation would be OK but not after
> > every Emacs-start.
>
>  See `byte-compile-warnings' -- you could let-bind it around the code
>  that does the byte-compiling.

If i would know which code causes this i could do this right or even better i
could make the code stop byte-compiling at startup...

Seems that loading one library causes it but this library loads in turn other
libs....what would be a good way to find out which code causes the
byte-compile??

Thanks a lot,
Klaus

--